Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Homeland

Recently it's occurred to me that as I grow older my chances to settle down in a new place are less and less. I would really like to move to Korea and live there for a while. I haven't been since I was a little under two but despite that it still feels like my home. If I go I'm not even sure that I'd be happy there but for some reason the thought of leaving has been stuck in my mind for a long time now. I think if I don't go I'll regret it for a while. It's not without it's downsides though leaving means traveling half way around the world. No one would be able to help me there and no one would know me. I'd be a stranger in a strange and far off place. I'll have to decide sooner or later hopefully I make the correct decision if there even is one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have your whole life to decide when you want to go to Korea, so I know you will definitely go. Your trip might be short or it may be long, but as long as you really want something, you can make it happen.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the things that will make you happy - don't wait for tomorrow. Chances are few. You will never know if you can make it unless you try.

We are all entitled to our own happiness.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home